Rocktober – Coming Right Up!
In the month of October, 2010 – I am again going to try to answer some proposed questions from regular reader Jim Donato. I always ask Jim-san for suggestions – and he readily provides some decent thought-provoking topics. I’ll try to answer / elaborate on as many topics as possible.
- The difference between a “best album” and “my favorite album” by a group
- Player X leaves band Y and becomes a bigger star – how often does this rarity happen?
- Great album – shame about the production
- Alternatively, what production saved poor songs?
- Phil Spector – yes or no?
- Favorite format
- Album that ONLY you love, apparently
- Have you been able to use any critics reviews to purchase music effectively?
- You love music so you worked with records for years – why? It never occurred to me to work in a record store, for instance.
- As a sidebar – you love music so you have made music. Again, it never occurred to me. Discuss your feelings on the issue.
- Males make intellectual bonds with music vs. females emotional ones. Discuss. However, both bonds are passionate, yes?
- Ever have records melt while you were in a car? It’s a bummer.
- Ever wear out a record and have to buy a new copy?
- Best reunions
- Worst concert experience and why
- Occasions where an unknown opener blew off the headliner – going for the opener doesn’t count
- Best “cold” opening act (you were unfamiliar with them and really liked them)
- Record you can’s figure out WHY it got released – it’s too esoteric in its appeal
See you in Rocktober! I will write about these topics for the first two weeks in Rocktober. May not get to all of ’em.
Tonight, I am going to go to UCLA and see John Cale play “Paris 1919” with an orchestra. Yeah!